With yummy bits of everything, this shortbread is a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Skor toffee bits
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
- 1 can (300 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Sift dry ingredients and grate cold butter into mixture. Blend by hand or with pastry blender until butter is fully incorporated and mixture is crumbly. Press into the bottom of 9” x 9” baking dish. Bake crust for 20 minutes or until golden and evenly set. Let cool.
- Spread nuts, coconut, toffee, white chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate over cooled crust in layers. Pour condensed milk evenly over top. Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until top begins to brown. Cool thoroughly before slicing. Makes about 16.