Here’s a fail-proof recipe nutritious for breakfast or snack time.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sucanat or unrefined brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease 9-inch loaf pan or muffin tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt together, and add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Fold in bananas, vanilla and blueberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake loaf for 50-60 minutes; muffins for 15-20 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then on rack until completely cool.
- Makes one loaf or 12 muffins.