Kids of all ages will love these moist muffins that are tailor-made for happy munching. Serve with a cold glass of milk for a terrific breakfast or snack.
- 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each, baking soda and salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) Milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Butter nonstick miniature muffin pans or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine all-purpose and whole wheat flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, whisk together sugar and cocoa; whisk in egg, Milk, bananas and melted butter. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with chocolate chips; stir just until moistened
- Spoon into prepared muffin pans, mounding as necessary to fill 24 deep cups or 36 shallow cups. Bake, in batches as necessary, for 15 to 18 min or until tops are firm to the touch. Let cool in pan for 5 min. Transfer to rack to cool completely.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Dairy Farmers of Canada.