Picnic perfect and adorable, these individual pies will be fun to make with help from the kids.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat flour (can sub wheat pastry flour or another cup white)
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, chilled
- 6 - 9 Tbsp ice cold water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg mixed with 2 tsp water, for brushing (optional)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice or milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor pulse together flours, 2 tsp sugar, salt and nutmeg until combined.
- Add in coconut oil and pulse mixture until crumbly, add in 6 Tbsp ice water then more as needed until mixture starts to come together.
- Dust a work surface generously with flour and roll pie crust out into a 18 by 12-inch rectangle, then cut into 8 even rectangles.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together 1/3 granulated sugar, pinch salt, cornstarch and cinnamon.
- In a separate mixing bowl, toss blueberries with lemon juice, then pour sugar mixture over blueberries and toss to evenly coat.
- Divide blueberry mixture evenly among 8 rectangles, piling blueberry mixture on one side of each rectangle and leaving at least a 1/2 inch rim around berries, then brush edges of crust around blueberries lightly with water and carefully lift opposite side of each pie crust and fold over blueberries. Seal edges together well using your fingertips, then if desired use a fork to make decorative lines around edges. Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together egg and 2 tsp water until well blended, then brush lightly over pies. Poke the top of each pie twice with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven about 40 minutes, or until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly then if using glaze, in a mixing bowl whisk together powdered sugar and lemon juice and drizzle glaze over pies.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.