Very cheesy and slightly spicy, these bites will disappear fast.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of grated old cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- Heat oven to 300F.
- Blend butter and grated cheese until fully combined. Add black pepper and stir. Add flour slowly, mixing with each addition until dough sticks together.
- Make small balls of dough with your hands. Place onto parchment lined cookie sheet and press down with back of spoon to flatten. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes until the edges turn slightly golden. Makes about 40.