The surprise ingredient in these crazy-looking cookies? Chow mein noodles. They add just the right amount of crunch but allow the flavours of the chocolate & butterscotch chips to stand out.
- 6 oz (170 g) pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 oz (170 g) pkg butterscotch chips
- 5 oz can (1 cup) chow mein noodles
- 1 cup whole peanuts (unsalted)
- Cookie sheets, lined with wax paper.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in the top of a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and stir in other ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheet. Cool.
- Store in fridge in airtight container. Makes 18 cookies.