“Rich, fudgy, and decadent,” say our cookie tasters!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- Mix flour, baking powder and cocoa powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Melt semi-sweet chocolate in top of double boiler. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and beat just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate, milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture until combined. Cover bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Remove dough from fridge, divide into two equal pieces. Roll dough into 1” balls. Roll in icing sugar and place on parchmen-lined cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 15 minutes (cookies will be puffed and cracked). Cool.
- Makes about 4 dozen crinkles.