There’s something magical about these cookies. They are crisp on the outsides, soft, chewy, and cakey in the insides.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (about 310 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking power
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup candy pieces (such as M&M's)
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat; whisk and cook until butter foams and starts to turn golden brown; remove pan from heat.
- In a medium bowl; sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together browned butter, brown sugar and oil until well combined. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low and gradually beat in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in candy until combined. Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheets, spacing about 1 1/2-inches apart. Top with sprinkles, if desired. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before transferring to wire racks.
You can add any fun Easter candy that you want.
If you make smaller cookies they will take less time to bake.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Visions of Sugar Plum