These buttery, crispy shortbread cookies are melt in your mouth good.
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In mixing bowl, cream butter.
- Add flour and sugar; mix just to combine (chill 10 minutes if too soft).
- Pat into an 8-inch round cake or pie pan; crimping edge with a floured fork. Using fork lightly poke a few holes on top.
- Bake until firm and slightly browned, 30 to 35 minutes (drape with foil if browning too quickly). Immediately score into eight wedges; cool completely. Turn out of pan; slice with a serrated knife.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Mommy’s Kitchen