The best words to describe these muffins, chock full of ham, veggies and cheese, are quick, easy, and colourful.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup smoked breakfast ham, seared, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup tomatoes, seeded, diced
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease muffin tin, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper, cheddar, and parmesan. In separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, & butter. Add ham, peppers, onion, and tomatoes.
- Make well in dry ingredients and pour wet ingredients into well. Mix with spatula or spoon until just combined.
- Spoon batter into the muffin cups, filling each cup just to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops are golden and the centre springs back when touched. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Makes 12 muffins.