My Gran baked these cookies for as long as I can remember. She kept them in a cookie tin on the top shelf in the kitchen.
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger
- Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs and molasses. Stir.
- Meanwhile mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Chill the dough for easier handling.
- Form dough into small balls and roll in white sugar.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet about two inches apart. Do not flatten.
- Bake at 325F for 10 minutes.
- Makes about six dozen.