Caramelized and golden, this sweet pineapple treat will wow any crowd.
- 4-5 skewers
- whole pineapple, peeled, cored
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 inch fresh ginger, cut into 1/8" slices
- vanilla ice cream
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water first to prevent burning.
- Cut pineapple into quarters, lengthwise. Then cut each quarter into 10 pieces.
- In a bowl, mix together brown sugar and cinnamon. Add pineapple and ginger slices and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes, stirring every ten minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Place pineapple slices on skewers; reserve liquid, discarding ginger pieces.
- Place skewers on grill and cook until there are grill marks on both sides of the pineapple. Remove from skewer and add to reserved liquid.
- Place 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream in bowl and top with hot pineapple mixture.