If you’ve never grilled chicken thighs you don’t know what you’re missing! Prep the day before to let the flavours come together.
- 3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 bunch of green onions, chopped (reserve the other half for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil (not essential but add it if you have it)
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can of coconut milk
- Trim chicken thighs of any visible fat. Mix soy sauce, water, brown sugar, onions, garlic, sesame oil, and coconut milk in a large bowl. Marinade chicken for at least 8 hours or overnight to make sure the flavor gets infused.
- Grill chicken at a low heat so that the marinade does not burn for 5-7 minutes per side or until done. If you do not have a grill you can use a indoor grill pan.
- Serve over a platter of coconut rice and garnish with green onions and a drizzle of additional soy sauce.
Coconut rice can be made by just replacing half of the water in your rice recipe with coconut milk.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit The Girl Who Ate Everything