A perfect combination of pork, citrus and peppercorn, these island inspired sliders will be a hit at your next cook-out.
- 6 ounces packaged broccoli slaw
- 3/4 cup julienned fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tsp key lime juice
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp finely grated key lime peel
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped prepared roasted garlic
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers
- 2-3 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pink, white, & black peppercorn melange
- 10 Hawaiian sweet rolls, split
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine slaw, pineapple, yogurt, cilantro, sesame seeds, lime juice, sesame oil, lime peel, salt, and pepper, stir well to combine, and set aside.
- Preheat oven broiler. Line a large sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pork, garlic, jalapeno, jerk, and ground peppercorns, using your hands. Don't overmix. Shape meat into 10 small patties, and place on sheet pan.
- Broil patties for 4 minutes, flip, and broil for an additional 3 minutes, or until cooked as desired. Transfer patties to a plate. Remove parchment or foil from sheet pan.
- Place rolls on pan, brush with melted butter, and broil until golden brown.
- Place the burgers on bottom half of rolls, top with slaw, roll tops, and toothpicks.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Sugar Plum.