Packed with flavour that both adults and kids will love. Make extra for work the next day!
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 5 tsp (25 mL) packed brown sugar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) EACH fish sauce and soy sauce
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 ½ lb (0.68 kg) Beef Flank Marinating Steak
- ½ cup (125 mL) cold water
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fish sauce
- 1 Thai chili, thinly sliced
- Noodle Salad (recipe follows)
- Combine garlic, shallot, brown sugar, oil, fish sauce, soy sauce and pepper in large resealable freezer bag. Pierce steak all over with fork; place in bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Place steak on greased grill over medium-high heat 400°F (200°C); close lid and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning at least twice, for medium-rare doneness 145°F(63°C). Remove from heat. Tent with foil; let stand 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Combine water, lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and chili; splash over Noodle Salad and toss to combine. Serve with steak.
- Cook 8 oz (250 g) fine rice vermicelli according to package instructions. Place in shallow bowl or platter along with 3 cups shredded lettuce, 3 cups fresh bean sprouts and 12 fresh mint sprigs, half english cucumber, julienned, 1 tomato, cut into wedges (optional). Top with 1/2 cup chopped roasted peanuts.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Canadian Beef