Cookies for breakfast? These moist cookies loaded with oats, milk and fresh apples are a terrific start to the day at home or on-the-go.
- 2 cups (500 mL) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) finely chopped apples (about 1 large)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C) with racks in top and bottoms thirds of oven. Butter 2 large baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, milk, butter and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients and sprinkle with apples; stir until just blended.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup (60 mL) for each cookie onto prepared baking sheets at least 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for about 15 min, switching pans on racks halfway, or until a tester inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool on pans on racks for 2 min, then transfer to racks to cool completely.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Dairy Goodness.