This hearty breakfast contains everything that kids love (and a few healthy things too) and tastes incredible.
- 5 slices sourdough bread, 1/2 inch thick, toasted & cut in half
- 10-12 slices back bacon, halved
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach, sautéed, drained, chopped
- 1 cup medium cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 5-6 dashes Tabasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Layer toast, bacon and tomato in dish until all ingredients are used up.
- Sprinkle with chopped spinach, cheddar and parmesan.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, Dijon, dried mustard, paprika and Tabasco. Carefully pour this mixture into baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- In morning, remove dish and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake until golden brown and set in the centre (60-80 minutes). If dish begins to brown too quickly, cover with foil.
- Serves 6-8.