Start your family’s day off right with this yummy combination of fresh blueberries, homemade granola, and yoghurt.
- 1 cup Greek style yogurt, plain
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 peach, peeled & thinly sliced
- 1 quart blueberries, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1?4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Combine oats, seeds, coconut, coconut oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg & vanilla extract in a bowl. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake in oven for about 55 minutes, until nicely toasted, checking and stirring every 15 minutes. Remove cookie sheet from oven and sprinkle and toss with 1 tbsp brown sugar, then return to oven for five minutes. Remove again and cool. (Extra granola can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 weeks.)
- While granola is in oven, combine the yoghurt and maple syrup. Keep refrigerated until needed.
- Using a large tablespoon, layer ingredients into 4 parfait glasses or glass bowls. Start with blueberries, followed by granola, then yoghurt. Repeat, this time including peaches with the berries. Continue to layer until the glasses are full. Makes 4 servings.