What a way to start the day with these yummy breakfast cups. Serve them up with a fresh glass of orange juice and a bowl full of berries to enjoy a bright and cheery morning.
- 6 small whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) diced cooked ham
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) light cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) shredded Canadian Asiago cheese
- Chunky salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Gently push tortillas into jumbo or extra large muffin tins or 1 cup (250 mL) ramekins; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat and cook, onions, pepper and ham for about 3 minutes or until softened. Add eggs and using spatula, stir into pan. Add cream cheese and continue stirring for about 3 minutes or until egg is almost set.
- Remove from heat and spoon among tortilla cups. Sprinkle tops with Asiago cheese and bake for about 10 minutes or until tortillas are golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Dairy Farmers of Canada.