These pancakes are simple to make and a delectable treat.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup milk, room temperature
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- lemon and powdered sugar for topping
- Place a 10 inch skillet inside oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs with a whisk until light. Add milk and vanilla and stir. Gradually whisk in flour and salt.
- Remove skillet from oven and melt butter in hot skillet so that inside of skillet is completely coated with butter. Pour all the batter in the hot skillet, DO NOT STIR, and return skillet to oven.
- Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 12 minutes. Remove promptly and sprinkle with powdered sugar and fresh lemon juice.
I like to cook these in a skillet so they bake up round, but a 10? skillet only makes about 2 servings. If you want to make these for the whole family, double the recipe below and use either a 9×13? pan or a large skillet.
Also, for best “puff”, make sure your cold ingredients (eggs, milk) are room temperature when mixing together. The beginning of the batter consists of a couple eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Whisk until light and airy.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Heather Likes Food.