Homemade granola is a healthy option for breakfast or snacks. If you haven’t started making your own granola yet this yummy maple recipe is the one to try.
- 3 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- 2 Tbsp packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinn
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Pour oats and pecans into a large mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl whisk together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour over oats and toss until evenly moistened.
- Pour mixture onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake in preheated oven about 40 - 45 minutes, tossing once halfway through baking (granola should be crisp after resting at room temp a few minutes).
- Cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy