This simple crepe recipes is an absolute family favourite.
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 C All-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp salt
- fresh lemons
- powdered sugar
- fresh strawberries, sliced
- Blend all of the batter ingredients together in a blender until smooth, about 5-10 seconds.
- Transfer into a covered container and refrigerate for at least an hour up to overnight.
- Gently stir the batter to combine if it appears separated.
- Heat an 8 inch skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes. Brush the pan lightly with butter (it's hot enough when the butter sizzles) and wait for the butter to stop sizzling.
- Add about 2½ tbsp of batter to the pan, tilting the pan to spread the batter across the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook until the first side is spotty and golden brown- about 30-60 seconds.
- Use a thin spatula to flip the crepe and cook on the second side an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove crepe from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat process with the remaining batter (you can stack the crepes on top of each other).
- To serve: place a pat of butter on a hot crepe or brush with melted butter. Squeeze a lemon wedge over the butter and top with about a tablespoon of powdered sugar. Top with sliced strawberries, fold over and enjoy!
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Heather Likes Food.