Light, custardy and sweet, thanks to the mascarpone and ricotta cheeses. Top these minis with crushed candy canes for a great presentation.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 3 tbsp 35% cream
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar, then add melted butter and stir. Using a non-stick mini muffin tin, spoon 1 tsp of the graham cracker mixture into the bottom of each mold, and flatten with back of spoon. Bake for 4 minutes, then remove from oven and allow the pan to cool.
- Lower oven to 350 F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, mascarpone, cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Using a hand mixer, mix on low speed until texture is smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Fill molds to the top with mixture. Bake for 18-20 minutes until top of cake is firm when lightly touched. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. (Cakes will fall slightly in the middle.)
- Invert pan onto a cutting board covered with saran wrap. Gently tap the bottom of each mold to release cakes onto board. If cakes don’t release, insert a very thin knife down the side of the mold and nudge the cake at the bottom.
- Decorate with crushed candy canes. Makes 48.