A delicious departure from the classic version, this cheesecake is served frozen, with a fresh strawberry and mint topping. …
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sugar
- 8 cups (2 L) strawberry ice cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh strawberries, cubed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) maple syrup
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Press crust mixture into a springform pan and freeze for 30 minutes.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat Cream cheese with sugar for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Gradually add strawberry ice cream and mix well. Spread filling evenly on the crust. Freeze for 3 hours
- To prepare topping, combine strawberries with maple syrup, mint and pepper in a saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Unmold frozen cheesecake and serve in wedges with strawberry mint topping.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Dairy Farmers of Canada.