Rich and runny with a deep, dark, delicious chocolate centre, these will be the hit at your next special event. You can make them ahead and freeze them before baking.
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 cup spelt or unbleached flour
- 6 chunks (about 1/2 oz each) semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease 6 individual moulds (you can also use a muffin tin).
- In medium glass or stainless steel bowl, combine chocolate and butter and place over pot of simmering water. Stir until just melted. Cool.
- In large bowl, beat eggs and yolks with sugar for about 5 minutes or until thick and light coloured.
- Add cooled chocolate/butter mixture. Stir in flour. Beat until well blended.
- Spoon batter into prepared moulds and place a piece of chocolate in the centre of each.
- You can bake them now or freeze for later.
- Bake 14-16 minutes (16-20 minutes if frozen). They should be puffed but the centre should be soft. Carefully remove from pans and place right side up on a plate.
- Serves 6.