A chewy maple walnut blondie topped with ice cream and a creamy maple butter sauce.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce cream cheese (2 tablespoons), softened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a bowl add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and walnuts. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and brown sugar with a mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture a little at a time until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips. Spread into the 8x8 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until center passes the toothpick test. I like mine a little on the gooey side. Remember right out of the oven they may seem gooey but once they cool they set up more.
- Serve warm with ice cream and Maple Butter Sauce.
- For the Maple Butter Sauce: In a small bowl add the butter, powdered sugar, cream cheese, and maple syrup. Blend with a mixer until smooth.
- When ready to serve, heat the maple butter sauce for about 30 seconds in the microwave and pour over warmed blondie and ice cream.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit The Girl Who Ate Everything