These cookies are quick, easy and delicious. Perfect if you need a last minute cookie recipe.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup very finely chopped toasted walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer on medium speed, beat together butter, half of the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt until well combined and creamy.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour and walnuts until just combined. Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place on cookie sheets, spacing about 3/4-inch apart. Bake 12-14 minutes or until crisp. Maybe less if your oven runs hot.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool a few minutes. Roll cookies in remaining powdered sugar.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Visions of Sugar Plum