The perfect combination: creamy pumpkin rich with spice but not too sweet!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 oz grated dark chocolate (1 square)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 8-oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly butter a 12-cup muffin pan. In a bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and grated chocolate. Add butter and mix until moist. Divide equally and firmly press into the bottom of each cup.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese to loosen it, then add sugar and beat until well combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add pumpkin, vanilla, spices and salt, then stir.
- Fill each cup to the top with cheesecake mix and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cake is set but still soft.
- Remove from oven, and cool in pan. Remove from cups by carefully running a knife around the upper edge of each to loosen, then invert onto a board. Refrigerate before serving. Top with grated dark chocolate. Makes 12.