In this delightfully moist cake rhubarb is matched with cinnamon and brown sugar.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1 tbsp flour
- Grease a 9" x 13" pan. Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, soda and salt. Alternately add flour mixture and cup of buttermilk to the butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour.
- Toss the rhubarb with 1 tbsp of flour and add to the batter.
- Pour into pan and spread evenly.
- For the topping, combine butter, cinnamon and brown sugar together until crumbly.
- Evenly sprinkle topping over the batter and bake in oven for 35-45 minutes until top springs back when touched.