A light, refreshing dessert that conjures up the flavours of summer on a cold winter’s night.
- Angel Food cake mix
- 2/3 cup 35% cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp orange juice concentrate
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp sweetened dried coconut
- 1 cup diced pineapple (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup each diced mango and kiwi
- 1 plastic pastry bag
- Make cake - Using a 9” x 12” cake pan, bake cake according to package instructions.
- Once cooled, cut cake into discs that fit the size of glasses (or trifle bowl) you are using.
- Make fruit cream - Place cream, sugar, pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, orange zest, and coconut in a medium sized bowl.
- With an electric mixer, beat til it forms peaks. Fill piping bag.
- Combine fruits - In a bowl, toss together the pineapple, mango, kiwi and their juices.
- Assembly * Place a layer of cake in bottom of glass, top with a layer of fruit mixture and a layer of fruit cream.
- Repeat until glass is full, ending with fruit cream. Top with a slice of kiwi for decoration.