A fragrant and enticing addition to your appetizer table.
- 24 6-inch wooden skewers
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 48 medium to large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Soak skewers in water for 30 minutes. In bowl, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic. Add in shrimp, stirring to coat. Marinate shrimp in fridge for 2 hours.
- Thread 2 shrimp onto each skewer. Broil or barbeque shrimp for 2-3 minutes on each side. Sprinkle with onions, cilantro and peanuts. Makes 24.