Nothing says spring better than asparagus. This frittata is fluffy, light and yummy.
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 6 basil leaves, chopped
- 4 slices deli ham, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Whisk eggs, cream and parmesan cheese in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a high-sided ovenproof pan, melt butter on medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Add asparagus, reduce heat and cook, covered, for 5 minutes. Add ham (if using), basil, salt and pepper.
- Pour in egg mixture, and add grated cheese.
- Cook until almost set, but still runny on top, about 5 minutes. Place under broiler for 3 minutes until set and golden. Let stand for 3 minutes. Loosen frittata around the edges with a rubber spatula and slide onto a plate.
- Serves 4