These oven baked chicken chimichangas are delicious and have plenty of crisp that you look for in a chimichanga. The best chimichanga is fully dressed so make sure you have some fresh guacamole and sour cream.
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup of your favourite salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- For Topping
- diced tomato, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese and onions. Place about 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Fold opposite sides over filling. Roll up from bottom and place seam-side down on a baking sheet.
- Brush with melted butter. Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Garnish with desired toppings and serve with salsa on the side.
- Serves 6
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit The Girl Who Ate Everything.