With this recipe you will end up with a plate full of Mexican goodness that is half crispy, half saucy, and flavorful all-around.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 15 crunchy taco shells
- Shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, lime juice to top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown and drain meat.
- Stir tomatoes, seasoning, 1/2 C cheese, and salsa into meat.
- Arrange taco shells standing up in a 9x13" pan. Fill each shell with the meat mixture, dividing equally until all the meat is used.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 C of cheese over the tops of the filled tacos and bake for 15-20 minutes. Cheese will be melted and the meat hot.
- Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream, guacamole and lime juice.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Heather Likes Food.