The smokiness of the paprika combined with the warm, earthy flavour of the cumin make this dish a winner. It’s not spicy, just full of flavour and goodness.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small rutabaga, peeled
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled & seeded
- 2 large carrots, washed
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 10-15 baby or fingerling potatoes, washed
- 10 oz bag cippolini or pearl onions, peeled
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Whisk together oil, garlic and spices. Set aside.
- Cut rutabaga and butternut squash into quarters, then into 1/2” chunks. Cut carrots and parsnip in half, lengthwise, then into 1 1/2” sticks. Put these vegetables as well as the onions and potatoes into a bowl and toss well with the oil and spice mixture.
- Spread veggies evenly in a large roasting pan and sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Place pan in oven and bake for 1 hour or until golden, tossing vegetables every 20-30 minutes. Serves 6.