You can never go amiss with homemade fish and chips and this recipe is particularly tasty.
- Fish Sticks
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lb (600g) wild cod fillets
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Veggie Fries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 parsnips
- 2 carrots
- Turn oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make herb crust by combining panko, spices, and Parmesan cheese in a bowl.
- Cut cod into pieces about 1” thick. Season flour with salt and pepper, then place egg and flour in separate bowls. Dip each piece of fish into flour, then egg, then panko mixture and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, turning once.
- To make the veggie fries, mix olive oil and garlic in a bowl. Slice veggies into fries of the same length and thickness. Toss in olive oil mixture and spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake until all the veggies are soft and lightly browned.
Recipe Courtesy of Local Parent