This recipe has a rich flavour that you can’t get with a packet. You can make it in bulk and use it whenever you want. An excellent recipe if you are trying to control the sodium in your diet.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Store in an airtight container. Yields about 2 3/4 tablespoons.
- To use: Use about 2 tablespoons of the taco seasoning for every 1 pound of meat. Use more or less depending on your preference. Brown meat and drain the fat. Add your taco seasoning along with about 1/2 cup of water. Simmer and stir until water is absorbed. If you want more of a sauce throw in about 2 tablespoons of flour with the water. You can control the spiciness by adding more or less crushed red pepper flakes.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit The Girl Who Ate Everything.