Frittatas make a great quick meal and are an easy way to use up whatever’s in your fridge.
- olive oil
- 2 cups greens or veggies and fresh or dried herbs
- meat (optional - half a sliced sausage, a chopped up piece of proscuitto, bacon, etc.)
- 1 cup cheese, grated or crumbled
- 8 eggs
- handful of panko
- freshly ground pepper
- In a cast-iron pan, sauté meat if using (for proscuitto, add later.) Add vegetables, cook through. Beat eggs lightly with cheese. Preheat broiler. Pour eggs into pan and smooth around so it’s evenly distributed and there are no areas without eggs.
- Cook on medium heat for a minute or two until the bottom is slightly set. Sprinkle panko (or parmesan) on top, broil for 4 minutes or so, moving around to brown evenly. Top should be golden. Slice and serve.