These burgers are something special.
- 1 1/3 lb (650 g) lean ground beef
- 5 oz (150 g) Canadian Blue Ermite cheese, in small chunks
- 4 hamburger buns
- Dijon mustard
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced mushrooms, sauteed in butter
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Form 8 thin and wide beef patties.
- Spread chunks of Canadian Blue Ermite cheese on 4 patties. Cover with remaining 4 patties and seal well with fingers.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat for 7 to 8 minutes on each side, turning only once.
- Brush buns with Dijon mustard and slip in blue cheese patties. Garnish with saute mushrooms. Add mayonnaise, if desired.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Dairy Farmers of Canada.