This recipe is a great combination of sweet and (a little) heat. My kids love adding the ingredients to the crock pot and stirring … it’s almost a science experiment!
- 1/3 cup flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into 1” cubes
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 1/4 cup frozen orange juice, thawed
- 1/2 cup sodium reduced chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- Toss chicken in seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides.
- Place orange juice, chicken stock, salt, pepper, ketchup, balsamic vinegar, sugar and chili flakes in slow cooker and stir. Add browned chicken and coat with liquid. Cover and set on low. Cook for 6 hours. Serve with rice and veggies. Serves 4.