This hot chocolate is silky smooth, and made extra decadent topped with whip cream or marshmallows and drizzled with caramel.
- 2 cups milk, preferably whole
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Sweetened whipped cream or vanilla marshmallows
- Grated chocolate for garnish, optional
- Prepare caramel sauce according to directions listed and allow to cool slightly. Heat milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once milk is warm, stir in chocolate chips and caramel, and cook whisking constantly until chocolate has melted.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve warm topped, topped with sweetened whipped cream or miniature marshmallows, drizzle each serving with 1 Tbsp caramel sauce and garnish with grated chocolate if desired.
For a richer hot chocolate, you can use up to 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips and mix in more caramel sauce as well if desired.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.