This smoothie is not only rich in flavour, it’s rich in goodness! This gloomy colour smoothie, perfect for a spooky Halloween breakfast, is packed with blueberries, bananas, milk and a handful of spinach
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) milk
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen blueberries
- 1 banana, peeled
- Pinch ground cardamom or nutmeg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pure maple syrup, or to taste
- In a blender, combine milk, spinach, blueberries, banana, cardamom and maple syrup and blend until smooth. Add more maple syrup, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Serves 2-3
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Dairy Farmers of Canada.