This hot chocolate recipe is creamy and completely decadent, just the way Polar Express Hot Chocolate should be.
- 6 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips (use a quality chocolate like Ghirardelli)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot combine all of the ingredients over low heat. Keep mixture over low heat for 30-40 minutes whisking occasionally until chocolate is fully melted and incorporated with the other ingredients. You can add milk here to adjust to your chocolate preference.
- Give it a good whisking before serving to get it nice and frothy. If you have an immersion blender, that works great here.
- Serve immediately or pour into a crock pot and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Top with whipped cream, crushed candy canes, or sprinkles.
- Serves 6-8.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit The Girl Who Ate Everything.