The ginger, mustard, and cilantro make these crab cakes a taste sensation!
- 8oz (227 gr) package imitation crab meat
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Using food chopper, chop imitation crabmeat until fine. In a bowl, combine crabmeat, breadcrumbs, egg yolk, ginger, mustard, lime juice, chives, cilantro, salt and pepper. Shape into 16 small medallions, approximately 1 1/2” in diameter.
- Brush each medallion with mayonnaise, then coat with Panko crumbs. Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in frying pan on medium heat. Fry 4 medallions at a time, for approximately 2 minutes on each side, or until golden. Place on paper towel to drain. Repeat with remaining medallions. Makes 16.