This twist on a taco recipe is a delicious and fast weeknight meal, even with the 20 minute marinade.
- 1 pound white flaky fish
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Place fish in a medium size dish. Whisk together the oil, lime juice, chili powder, jalapeno, and cilantro then pour over the fish. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Remove the fish from the marinade and place onto the hot skillet.
- Grill the fish for 3 minutes then flip and grill an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and let rest for 5 minutes before flaking the fish with a fork.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave between two damp paper towels.
- Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish with any or all of the garnishes.
Optional Garnishes Shredded white or red cabbage, Hot sauce, Sour cream, Thinly sliced red onion, Thinly sliced green onion, Chopped cilantro leaves, Salsa
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Seeded at the Table.