With just the right amount of seasoning, these little morsels will be a hit with your kids.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each ground cumin, curry powder, ground ginger
- 1/2 cup cauliflower, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup broccoli, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 454 gram pkg. phyllo pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Saute onion and garlic in fry pan until onion is translucent. Add spices, and stir for 1 minute.
- Toss in vegetables and saute for approximately 5 minutes. Veggies should be tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in yoghurt.
- Place one sheet of phyllo pastry on a flat surface and brush with butter. Fold in half lengthwise, and brush with butter again. Fold again. Place 1 to 1 1/2 tsp of filling at bottom of strip, leaving space on either side. Fold over corner to make a triangle, then continue to fold over and up to the top of the strip. Repeat until veggie mixture is used up.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place samosas on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until nicely browned. Makes approx 10 samosas.