Quick to prepare and bursting with flavour, this is a go-to recipe for our family. If your kids aren’t fond of broccoli, let them decide what veggie to toss in.
- 12 oz dried rotini vegetable pasta or fusilli pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 2 cups broccoli florets (cut small)
- 1 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced (or 4 cups left over chicken, sliced)
- Juice and zest from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Place pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water and cook al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan over low-med heat. Stir in garlic and thyme. Add the broccoli florets and chicken broth; cover and cook until broccoli is tender, about 2-3 minutes. Add chicken, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the broccoli mixture. Add 1 cup of parmesan cheese and toss. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately and garnish with the remaining 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese. Serves 4