Forget the box and make this easy one pan dish with ingredients you likely already have on hand. It is so flavourful, creamy, and there are never any leftovers at my house. This is the ultimate in easy fall comfort food!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp dried dill weed
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ C milk
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ lb elbow macaroni
- 2 C cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ C fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet brown the beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink and the onion is soft. Drain off excess fat and return to the stove.
- Stir salt, chili powder, dill, sugar and garlic powder into the beef and continue to cook over medium heat.
- In a small bowl combine milk with the corn starch, stirring until fully dissolved.
- Pour the tomatoes and chicken broth into the pan followed by the milk, stirring until well combined. Add macaroni to the pan, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 11-15 minutes or until the macaroni is tender. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cheese and parsley, stirring until combined. Serve hot.
Recipe and photo courtesy Heather Likes Food.