These chicken nuggets that are perfectly golden, full of flavour and deliciously crisp without being fried. I love how healthier things can actually taste better than the less healthy options.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 medium), diced into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, white or wheat
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 3 Tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a shallow 13 x 9 baking dish (I used a small cookie sheet) generously with olive oil spray.
- Pour 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil into a small mixing bowl.
- In a separate mixing bowl whisk together Italian seasoned bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place chicken pieces into olive oil and toss chicken to evenly coat. Drop oil coated chicken, working with about 5 pieces at a time, into bread crumb mixture and coat each side (I kind of pressed the pieces into the bread crumbs to get more to stick).
- Place all of the coated chicken pieces onto oil coated baking sheet then sprinkle remaining bread crumb mixture over chicken pieces. Spray top of chicken pieces with olive oil spray. Bake in center of preheated oven for 10 minutes, then remove from oven, rotate chicken pieces to opposite side and bake an additional 5 minutes (I moved the oven rack up a few and broiled mine during the last about 1.5 minutes to get a more golden crust, if doing this DO NOT walk away from the oven, keep a very close eye on it).
- Serve warm with ketchup, barbecue sauce or honey mustard for dipping, if desired.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit Cooking Classy.