I found out if you call it a fry, my kids will eat it. I barely even had a chance to take one before they were snatched off the plate.
- 3 medium zucchini sliced into 3" x 1/2" sticks
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp grated Romano cheese
- cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- fresh pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites and season with salt and pepper.
- In a Ziplock bag, place breadcrumbs, garlic powder and cheese and shake well.
- Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Dip zucchini sticks into eggs then into bread crumb and cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat. Place the breaded zucchini in a single layer and spray more cooking spray on top. Bake at 425F for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping.
- Serves 3
Tips - Make them a little skinnier than shown here. Best when served warm.
For step-by-step instructions for this recipe and more, visit The Girl Who Ate Everything.